Friday, June 12, 2009

ATTORNEY GENERAL WARNING REGARDING CARE CREDIT/ GE MONEY BANK

Ok, so there really isn't an Attorney General warning out (that I know of) regarding Care Credit /GE Money Bank, but there should be!

So, here's the story.

I needed to get a crown put on a tooth. Not having enough money or the use of a credit card, I applied for a card through CareCredit. I was approved for $1,000.00. I used $534.38 of it for the crown. Cool - I got to save one of my teeth!

And now the fun begins!

I made one payment off $88.00 - well over my required minimum due, and even paid it before it was due! I made that payment on line at the GE Money Bank website. That payment went through just fine.
I made the next payment, on line also. for some reason it did not go through. Neither did the next 3 or 4 payments. I made up the payments as soon as possible either by phone or by mail. Now they were wanting to charge me for late fees and check return fees. NO way! I wrote them a letter stating that I didn't think I should have to pay these fees when this wasn't my fault that the payments didn't go through.
They sent a letter back saying I would not have to pay them.
I kept paying by mail, not trusting the on line thing.

I found myself at one point knowing my payment would not make it there in time, so I tried the online thing again, by the monthy due date. Guess what - the online payment didn't go through.

Now for some silly reason at one point, I signed up for their "insurance policy" - not sure why I did that - it cost me a little over $6.00 every month - heck, I'm already out of work!

So, anyway total due date was approaching, and I sat down and figured out how much I believed I still owed them. I paid that amount the day before the due date. However, they were already showing that I owed them more money than I thought I owed - a combination of finance charges, late fees and return fees?
OOPS - I had missed one of the insurance fees - so in reality I was short by $6. and some odd cents in my final payment, which I paid by the end of the month that the TOTAL was due.

OH yeah -did I mention this was a promotional thing - as long as you make your payments on time, and pay off the total by the due date you won't be charge finance charges. when I asked about those charges showing up on the bill, I was told by 2 different people that I would not be charged those as long as I paid it off on time.
I should also mention, I have used the same checking account with other companies to make payments on line with out any problems. This is the only company I have had problems with online payments.

So, technically speaking, I made every payment on time. The total due was paid on time - except for $6.00.
Do you think I should have to pay the late fees, check return fees and finance charges?

I wrote the AG's office in Florida and labeled it "Price Gouging" although technically it may not be due to a storm or something of that nature, it is price gouging or certainly unfair billing practices.

9 comments:

Aunt Jane said...

OMG Oh no. Oh crap. Those e*&@^%$$ icky people. Oh so this is your legal problem. Jeepers I am sorry this has happened to you. Those scammers, those preditory lenders, those cheats. No, I dont think you sould have to pay anymore, maybe the six frikin dollars maybe.
I know, it's so difficult to get one's teeth worked on. I have 10 cavities I cannot afford to get fixed. Wah wah wah
Love, Aunt Jane
p.s. Fight them, baby!

lisianblue said...

Hi Aunt Jane! I wish that was my only legal problem! well the other legal stuff involves my kids - I'm just sort of in the middle of it.
I did pay the 6 something - as far as I'm concerned I shouldnt have to pay them any more $!
OW - 10 cavities - oh yuck that just leads to them getting worse and ending up with crowns or having them pulled - not a happy choice! sorry.
Glad you stopped by! :-)

Aunt Jane said...

Hi Dragon Lady,
I took your advice and now have an artfire shop. FantasyArt. I like the site so much I became a verified member. Now if I can sell some things so I can get my teeth worked on!
Love ya, Auntie Jane

lisianblue said...

oh -Dragon Lady Jane - I thought you already had one on there! I'll have to go pay a visit to your shop!

Aunt Jane said...

Hey! Thank you. I think you were twittering about me! No? Yes? Dragonneer Matie

lisianblue said...

maybe!:-)

每当遇见你 said...

Dressing your little darling doesn’t have to cost a fortune.abercrombie hoodiesIt is no secret that having and providing for a new baby is an expensive job. abercrombie pants
With the expense of those all-important early doctor’s visits, necessary items for the nursery, and the rising prices of formula, diapers, and various infant accessories, abercrombie and fitch polos
it seems a wonder that anyone can afford to reproduce anymore. abercrombie hoodieThis is a sore spot for some parents and not without good reason. While it’s difficult to argue in favor of cutting corners when it comes to your baby, abercrombie and fitch polos
there are a few ways that you can save money on some of your baby related purchases.abercrombie pants
Baby clothes and layette needs are fortunately one area where you can afford to save a few bucks without diminishing the level of comfort and care that your little Nick or Jessica receives.abercrombie fitch uk
After all, how do you know where that used Onesie has been?abercrombie uk These Dresses Up games not only provides entertainment to the players but side by side it also gives assurance to the parents that their sites are free from any kind negative substances.abercombie and fitch Parents are quite contented and relieved to find their daughter spending hours in front of the monitor playing dress-up games.abercrombie fitch shirts
Secondhand Baby Clothes.abercrombie jeans
The thought of putting “used” clothing on your baby can come with numerous unspoken horrors and various levels of mental anguish.

每当遇见你 said...

Dressing your little darling doesn’t have to cost a fortune.abercrombie hoodiesIt is no secret that having and providing for a new baby is an expensive job. abercrombie pants
With the expense of those all-important early doctor’s visits, necessary items for the nursery, and the rising prices of formula, diapers, and various infant accessories, abercrombie and fitch polos
it seems a wonder that anyone can afford to reproduce anymore. abercrombie hoodieThis is a sore spot for some parents and not without good reason. While it’s difficult to argue in favor of cutting corners when it comes to your baby, abercrombie and fitch polos
there are a few ways that you can save money on some of your baby related purchases.abercrombie pants
Baby clothes and layette needs are fortunately one area where you can afford to save a few bucks without diminishing the level of comfort and care that your little Nick or Jessica receives.abercrombie fitch uk
After all, how do you know where that used Onesie has been?abercrombie uk These Dresses Up games not only provides entertainment to the players but side by side it also gives assurance to the parents that their sites are free from any kind negative substances.abercombie and fitch Parents are quite contented and relieved to find their daughter spending hours in front of the monitor playing dress-up games.abercrombie fitch shirts
Secondhand Baby Clothes.abercrombie jeans
The thought of putting “used” clothing on your baby can come with numerous unspoken horrors and various levels of mental anguish.

每当遇见你 said...

Dressing your little darling doesn’t have to cost a fortune.abercrombie hoodiesIt is no secret that having and providing for a new baby is an expensive job. abercrombie pants
With the expense of those all-important early doctor’s visits, necessary items for the nursery, and the rising prices of formula, diapers, and various infant accessories, abercrombie and fitch polos
it seems a wonder that anyone can afford to reproduce anymore. abercrombie hoodieThis is a sore spot for some parents and not without good reason. While it’s difficult to argue in favor of cutting corners when it comes to your baby, abercrombie and fitch polos
there are a few ways that you can save money on some of your baby related purchases.abercrombie pants
Baby clothes and layette needs are fortunately one area where you can afford to save a few bucks without diminishing the level of comfort and care that your little Nick or Jessica receives.abercrombie fitch uk
After all, how do you know where that used Onesie has been?abercrombie uk These Dresses Up games not only provides entertainment to the players but side by side it also gives assurance to the parents that their sites are free from any kind negative substances.abercombie and fitch Parents are quite contented and relieved to find their daughter spending hours in front of the monitor playing dress-up games.abercrombie fitch shirts
Secondhand Baby Clothes.abercrombie jeans
The thought of putting “used” clothing on your baby can come with numerous unspoken horrors and various levels of mental anguish.