Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Chili Ristra and Laughing Through My Tears



Does anyone know how to rotate a picture once it's on here?
If you do, please let me know how to do it.
Now you may be wondering what the chili ristra ornament and laughing through my tears has to do with each other.
Well, it's like this. I was working on my pictures of this ornament when my grandson was telling me that he had tried to have a car wash. His price $11.25. He even made a sign.
His goal - to make $ so that he and his mom can come out here so he can see his Nonnie. Who happens to be me.
So, you see, I'm laughing through my tears.
God I love that kid. And I miss him. It's sort of like having a piece of my heart gone - I am so incredibly thankfull that they are all ok - it's just that they are like 1800 miles away. Her husband is in the Army - doesn't make a lot of money. And I don't have a lot of money.
They were here for almost 2 weeks this past Christmas. But, when you're used to seeing someone almost every day - it's hard when they are gone for a long time. We play games on the phone - I Spy, he reads to me, ( I love that), and he keeps trying to figure out a way for us to play Monopoly over the phone. Haven't told him that I have a Monopoly game. I might do that - except that I think he and mom have an ongoing game.................
yep - laughing because I love his creative ingenuity, and crying because I miss him, and it means a lot to me that he is going to such lengths to try to get to see me. There are other people here he wants to see - but mainly me. Kind of makes a person feel special.
Here's the link to my shop. Thanks and have a great day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful idea! I can see why your grandson would have you weeping tears of joy!

Blessings to you! =D
~Kellie

Unknown said...

Thank you Kellie - I just reread my blog - wow was I being sappy! He's just such a sweetheart.