Tuesday, July 10, 2012

IBH Guild Featured Artist GlassSculptureOrg

Its Glass!!! Enough said!

No, seriously, if you even half way know me, you probably know I love glass! And hand blown glass rates right up there at the top of the list.  Finding wonderful creations by Joy Alyssa Day of GlassSculptureOrg was very enjoyable.  This delightful woman switched collage majors her junior year from computer, science, math to Theater, Costume Design, and went on to painting and then ventured even further and learned how to work with glass!  Yeah! I can tell you,  switching from that "career field" to an artistic one part way through school is a little scary (for a moment or two!).  But, at the same time, you know deep inside you it's something you HAVE to do!
Ok, I'll shut up now - well sort of!
Of course I'm going to start with an ornament! Love this unique Blown Saturn Christmas Ornament 
I'm not sure that I'd put this one away in the box of ornaments, it would probably hang in a window all year! (Oh, yes I do!)













Living in the desert SW having a Flaming Salsa Bowl would be fun to have! and then maybe some scrumptious ice cream afterwards! Of course wash it out 1st hehe.   Although, salsa flavored ice cream...........................no!








This is totally awesome! This Fused Glass Tile Pendant - Waves is created from a detail of one of Joy's original paintings which you can see here http://glassnebula.com/waves.html.


I'm inspired!

You can also visit Joy here http://bengalmania.org/  and here http://joysblog.glassnebula.com/

These 3 items are just a small sampling of her beautiful creations, I do recommend you go visit her studio GlassSculptureOrg

Have a glimmering day!

For fun, New Mexico, my home state, consumes more chili peppers (in various forms) than any other state in the US.  and yeah, I do add to that statistic!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Joy's glass is very beautiful and she is so talented in a variety of many artistic techniques. Wonderful article about this talented woman. :-)

Unknown said...

SewKlassic - She is very talented! and Thank You and thanks so much for stopping by!

myeuropeantouch said...

Awesomeness....♥♥
Monika

Wyvern Designs said...

Love the Saturn Christmas ornament you choose. Such a talented artist!

Unknown said...

wow, that saturn is awesome!!! I'd hang it in a window too.
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Unknown said...

Monika - Yep!
Wyvern - that Saturn ornament is cool & she is!
Debbi, Yeah! I wouldn't put it away!

I appreciate all of you coming by and leaving a comment!

Judy Cogo Designs said...

It's difficult to choose, her items are fabulous. Great talent.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! The Saturn ornaments are pretty new, I just started making those this past Christmas, and they're very fun to make and people love them. I have three of them on my table right now! LOL Thankfully, my cats don't care about Saturn! Peace, Joy

Unknown said...

Judy, thanks for coming by and leaving a comment! It is sort of hard to choose, Joy does do fabulous work!

Joy Alyssa, You are very welcome! It really was very easy to do when you have such wonderful creations to feature! lo It's a very good thing your cats don't care about Saturn! Silly cats! Thank you so much for coming by!

Unknown said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

HowlingCaterpillars Thank you - so nice to see you again!