Sunday, July 1, 2012

Handmade Artists Featured Artist Rasmussen Gems

I thought I would start this feature off with John's profile from his studio, Rasmussen Gems on Handmade Artists


"John Atwell Rasmussen was educated in Geology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. He then taught geology and after ten years switched professional course to prehospital medicine. He retired from emergency medical services and is pursuing his love of rocks, minerals and gems as the lapidary and jeweler at Rasmussen Gems and Jewelry LLC. He has been educated in Gemology and Jewelry Design and Repair at: International Gem Society, Gemological Institute of America and Penn Foster Career School.

Dr. Rasmussen is assisted in the shop by his wife, Debora Lee Rasmussen. She is disabled and does bead design and crafting making all of the beaded pieces in the shop. Debora previously designed decorative swags and wreaths custom made for home decor."
And on to the wonderful hand crafted jewelry creations


Bloodstone Pendant
It's interesting that bloodstone is called bloodstone, as it's green! but it has these wonderful red speckles in it! It really is a gorgeous stone, and I love the way this pendant is done.





































I really like the way this Mossy Agate Cabochon Pendant is wire wrapped






































I'm not Irish, (part Scottish), but I have a fondness for the Irish and this sweet Irish Heritage Necklace










If you are into making jewelry and are looking for some great stone cabochons, pay Rasmussen Gems a visit for some awesome cabochons such as this Jadeite Oval Cabochon


Hand Made jewelry at it's best!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I would love to know what you think!
P.S.  sometimes, my replies are a bit delayed - I have accupuncture appointments on Thurs, and I'm usually wiped out for a day or two after!
and now I really know how to spell cabochon! lo
Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post on a super artist! I just love Dr. John's artistry! BTW...I am NOT going to try and spell that word here that you said you know how to spell....because...well I will probably mess it up.

Dr John's shop is Da' Bomb....as my students would say!!!

The Alchemist said...

Isn't his jewelry just marvelous!

Unknown said...

Sweet post Kris… Love the wire wrapping. And Debora creates fabulous jewelry! Excellent!

Thunder Rose said...

Very nice feature!

Unknown said...

Lo not sure what happened with this post - tried to fix it - but............
hehehe Dee, I have the hardest time spelling it too!
Alix (?) his jewelry is marvelous!
Cari, thank you! yes, they both do very nice work!
Debbie - Thank you!
so, glad all of you stopped by!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

Thanks for sharing Kris, I'm a big fan of John's work!
Andrew

Larissa said...

I love that bloodstone pendant, and really appreciate the "orange and the green" of the Irish necklace.

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew - Me Too! Thanks for stopping by!

Larissa - yeah, me too! Glad you came by!