Saturday, August 29, 2009

AND THE CRAZY TRAIN KEEPS ON ROLLIN

As September is right around the corner, I also start realizing, Christmas is right around the corner too! And, Halloween! My two favorite holidays -

And speaking of Christmas, isn't this candle holder cool? At 1st glance I thought it might be painted, but on further exploration and reading, this artisan has attached little leaf beads and round bits of glass to the holder to form a wreath - what a cool idea!

And oh yeah - it is in Exquisite Studios



along with this really cool handwoven basket with all it's little red and clear crystals - what a pretty basket! And it would look wonderful with some greens tucked in it and maybe a candle holder with a candle glowing to make those crystals sparkle! Be sure to check out Exquisite Studios as this artisan also has some pretty neat jewelry too! Another versatile artist for sure!

Now this is a studio I could go nutty in - Amy's Holiday Gifts - she has really cool glass ornaments - one of my favorite things for my two favorite holidays! Isn't this little fused glass ghost ornament just adorable -



And one of my all time favorites - rocking horses!! When my daughter was little she had one of those bouncy horses - and dad was a horseman - and well doesn't every little girl fall in love with horses? I thought it would be ok to just keep one in our backyard when I was little! I started giving my children an ornament every year starting their 1st Christmas, and my daughter does have a few rocking horses in that collection - this one may just join them! That is one of the cool things about finding handmade items on Artfire and other places too - I love being able to give my kids and grandson unique ornaments (and a new grandchild next year) - and where else are you going to find truly unique ornaments? not at those big box stores that for sure!



And we are back to some very pretty red jewelry (it's either red or blue it seems like!) from Beadlady5 who is also a member of the Handmade Artists Forum Artfire Guild. I really like her studio banner - under her name she has "Girls just wanna have pearls" - and if not pearls, then gems, or crystals, or...................................................and she does have a nice variety of jewelry and all reasonably priced too. I love this victorian style pendant with it's pretty red crystals and if this red doesn't do for you.................................................





check out this gorgeous red lampwork bead strung from an awesome bail on a wonderful group of strung beads...............................................oh and wishing I had more money than I do.................not sure what it is about this one - just the whole combination I think, that bail is so cool sort of an art nouveau design - wouldn't that look wonderful with that little black dress for the holidays????


And here, I would like to mention that I am now trying very hard to remember to link the pictures to the item in the studio! As well as linking to the shop in the posts.
And now I'm off to the hardware store to pick up a few supplies so I can finish up some items to get in my own studio - and I've got some new ideas brewing!
Have a wonderful weekend.






No comments: