Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

2012 has been somewhat of a crazy mixed up year!

I opened a new shop, Reflections on HandMadeArtists.
Got acquainted with some new friends such as Monika creator of MyEuropeanTouch who not only creates some amazing items with mosaics but her drawings are fabulous - I love this print Quill and Ink Drawing Post Card Monika Drake Mansion of  Tesdorf in Germany










I love what she does with broken plates - even pink ones! such as this delightful Shabby chic Mosaic Window Sash Pane Broken China Plate Rims






We had a Secret Santa gift exchange on HandMadeArtists Forum and I received this beautiful bracelet by Lisa, creator of Uniglets, I actually try to stay away from her shop, because every time I look I find at least one or two items I would love to have! 






























I finally reached 100 followers on my blog - and had a drawing for a stained glass ornament/ sun catcher. what was truly funny was I drew Lisa's name!  This is the sun catcher ornament and 2 little stars I sent her.  The sun catcher is clear stained glass that I hand painted with  a silver outline and a blue/green iridescent paint. The little star on the left, is a glass star that I wrapped with copper foil tape and soldered. Adding some clear and emerald green beads to the top and bottom for a purse or phone charm.  the star on the right, is a metal star I painted with aqua/blue iridescent paint and added some white curly cue designs.  We have become pretty good friends over the miles between Albuquerque, New Mexico and New York City.

I received a wonderful gift  way before Christmas, of 7 sets of double pointed knitting needles from Judy, creator of JuniqueGoods who makes these lovely Christmas Spiders , among other delightful creations. 

Please don't get me wrong, I value the friendliness and support by so many members of the forum, but, Monika and Lisa have become "friends."  I've gotten better acquainted with some other members too. 

I closed my shops on ArtFire, don't miss it too much! Still have my lisianblue shop on HandMadeArtists. Always grateful for the support and all that Kimberly and Andrew do for us through the forum, shop, and blog - and so much more! 

I got to have my grandson with me for a month here in Alb, and then I spent about a month in Colorado Springs with him, his sister, and their mom (my daughter).  I do miss them! The flood in their former home from the sewer back up was not fun! I was sick for over a month!  2012 was sort of like a roller coaster ride - like life usually is! In August, I injured the middle finger on my right hand, of course I'm right handed - it's still sore - but better with a few weeks of therapy. It has really cut down on my crocheting though. 

I look forward to 2013, with some changes in store - they don't have anything to do with New Years resolutions, just my own need to stretch a bit - both literally and figuratively! They just happen to be occurring with the New Year! 
Wishing you a wonderful healthy happy 2013 with all it's up's and downs sort of like that roller coaster ride! 
It always comes back up! 

8 comments:

Karen and Dakota said...

Lovely post, Great way to end the year and start a new one.

Unknown said...

it has been an emotional year, for a lot of people. That's why I'm so glad to be a part of HandmadeArtists.com, because of people like you. Great post.
Have a blessed 2013.
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Thunder Rose said...

Really great post Kris!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen & Dakota Thank You!
Pam - Thank you!
Debbi - Thank you & I know exactly what you mean!
Debbie - thank you!

I truly appreciate each one of you coming by and leaving a comment! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Finding Charm said...

Sounds like it's been a good year. Best wishes to 2013

Unknown said...

Finding Charm, it's been sort of like a roller coaster ride! But, Life seems to be like that! Overall, it's been a good year!
Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. :)

Larissa said...

BOTH Lisa & Monika's shops are dangerous for me!

Unknown said...

LOL Larissa I know exactly what you mean! Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment!